Hey guys! You may have possibly noticed that I didn’t follow through with my readathon. This is because my concussion made it difficult to use the computer without getting a headache. However, I’m feeling much better right now, so I’ll tell you about some of my 2017 goals and resolutions!
Reading goals and resolutions:
- Read more adult books- and by this I mean books written for adults, not erotica. I am planning to read at least one each month.
- Read more classics- I also want to try and read at least one of these each month. These can be children’s classics, regular classics, or really any type of classics. I don’t care, as long as it’s something I’m interested in.
- Read more nonfiction- Again, I want to try one each month, and read about a variety of subjects.
For all of these, I’m making these resolutions because I enjoy these types of books (actually some of the best books I’ve read recently have been these genres) and don’t get around to actually finding many of them to read. I slip back into hot teen ya fiction because its easy and comfortable instead of trying to find something I’ll enjoy more, ultimately. So, I’m hoping to use these goals to force myself to read these genres.
Blogging goals and resolutions:
- Make a schedule and stick to it for each month. Seriously.
- Write more reviews, and more good reviews. Plan them in the schedule, and stick it through.
- Interact more with other people online.
I don’t think I’ve done a good job this year, and am setting these goals in order to improve for next year.
Additional goals and resolutions that don’t fit neatly into the other two categories:
- Join some readathons, and before they start this time! I think that would be very fun.
- Do a good deed for the world/Earth each month.
- Do a photo project: pick a month and take a new photo of something different but similar every day of that month.
- Drink more water.
- Do more things that I enjoy.
- Spend more time with my friends, and be more outgoing.
- Have a generally better year than 2016.
Thank you for reading everyone! I would love to hear your feedback! What are your new year’s resolutions? Got any suggestions for books to read in the new year? Have a fun readathon I could join next year? I’d love to year any of your thoughts, really. Anyways, see you in my next post! 🙂